Essential oils have been used for thousands of years in various cultures for medicinal and health purposes. Essential oil uses range from aromatherapy, household cleaning products, personal beauty care and natural medicine treatments.
Essential oil benefits come from their antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. These healing oils are rapidly growing in popularity because they act as natural medicine without any side effects.
Essential oils are becoming so popular that it can be difficult to know what to buy. Some oils are not pure and are used simply as a perfume. To know your oils are safe, and can be used to benefit your body, mind and household, look for “100% Therapeutic Grade” essential oils. The oils will be a little pricier, but are worth it.
Some of the amazing ways essential oil use can benefit you, your family and your household:
- Healthy Glowing skin: Use topically, Frankincense for age spots, geranium oil for wrinkles and lavender for a radiance and glow of the skin
- Clean air: Diffuse cinnamon essential oil in the air and enjoy its anti-microbial properties.
- Reduces stress: Diffuse lavender essential oil around the house to reduce the feeling of stress and tension
- Metabolic boost: Add grapefruit to your water
- Relives headache: Try combining a few drops of lavender oil and peppermint oil and apply to temples to help with headaches.
- Improve Digestion: Use ginger, fennel and peppermint to improve digestive health and ease a soar tummy.
- Calm an upset child: Add a drop of lavender to a cloth or bath to sooth an unset child.
- Sore foot soak: Combine peppermint oil with a tablespoon of Epson salt and add to a warm-water foot bath
- Combat the Common Cold: Oil of oregano and frankincense daily, to boost immunity and keep a cold away or nip it in the bud.
- Enhance Yoga or Mediation: Diffuse or inhale frankincense, lavender, peppermint, orange, sandalwood, chamomile or pachouli before practice and enjoy their relaxing and uplifting benefits.